Monday, May 11, 2015

Tasting - Lindeman's Bin 55 Shiraz - Cabernet Sauvignon

Name: Lindeman's Bin 55 Shiraz - Cabernet Sauvignon
Variety: 60% Shiraz and 40% Cabernet Sauvignon
Region: Southeastern Australia
Country: Australia
Year: 2014
Price: $5.71

Winery Review: Medium purple in colour with red hues. This wine displays aromas of blackcurrants and mint intermingled with vanillin oak aromas. The medium bodied palate shows a mixture of blackcurrant and plum fruit flavours nicely balanced by a soft lingering finish.


My Review:
It has a fragrant nose. Big fruits are present such as raspberries and cherries with an oaky vanilla quality. The aromas are very pleasant. First thing I notice is an interesting tannic structure. The fruits I get are plum and blackberries. The alcohol is present but it is not too hot. I was guessing between 13-14% as it seems less than a typical Shiraz at 14%. I was correct as it clocks in a 13.5%. It’s not very complex but not bad either. I would drink more of this and pair it with a nice steak. 

No comments:

Post a Comment