Tuesday, August 27, 2024

Tasting - Chateau La Commanderie du Bardelet Bordeaux 2020

Name:
Chateau La Commanderie du Bardelet Bordeaux
Variety: 70% Merlot, 20% Cabernet Franc, 10% Cabernet Sauvignon
Region: Bordeaux
Country: France
Year: 2020
Price: $15

Winery Review: Elegant and restrained, with aromas of red berry and blue fruit, palate is layered with black fruit, nutmeg and spice. The wine's attractive fruity character masks the tannins that creep in from the background. It is juicy and full of black-currant flavors. Drink from 2023.

My Review: This wine was very bold on the nose with notes of leather and red fruit such as raspberry. I also get some oak and tobacco. It reminds me of a candle. The first taste is earthy with some fruit but not overly so. I taste notes of dirt and some oak. This is a tannic wine. It might have needed to breath some more but it was not for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment