Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Tasting - Mauro Sebaste Prapò Barolo


Name: Mauro Sebaste Prapò Barolo
Variety: 100% Nebbiolo
Region: Piedmont 
Country: Italy
Year: 2012
Price: $50

Winery Review: Ethereal nose and aromas of withered roses fail to suppress a slight fragrance of underbrush, which makes it extremely well-balanced and rounded. Austere and impressive. With its excellent tannicity, it can have a very lengthy cellar life: 20/25 years. This Barolo reflects the most typical style of the wine's virtuosity and aristocracy.

My Review: The nose has hints of cherry and black currant. I also get earthiness with leather and shoe polish. The taste is quite harsh. It’s vinegary. This wine has turned which is incredibly unfortunate. I’m including this entry because it is such a high quality wine and deserves more but also as a lesson to myself to better my aging techniques. I had held this bottle for about 4 years but didn’t properly climatize it. Well you live and you learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment